R 091656Z OCT 14
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-12//
SUBJ: U.S. COAST GUARD ACADEMY ENLISTED SELECTION OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM
1. AESOP is for junior enlisted members with outstanding performance and leadership potential to explore a Coast Guard Academy education by staying overnight, attending classes and extracurricular activities, and meeting with prior enlisted cadets.
2. CGA graduates earn a Bachelor of Science degree and a commission as an Ensign, USCG.
3. AESOP will be held from 02-04 November 2014 at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy located in New London, CT. CGA will provide TONOs for up to 50 members. The members home unit SPO will issue their orders
and verify the member has a valid GTCC for traveling purposes.
4. Requirements are as follows: enlisted members must be unmarried without dependents, will not reach their 23rd birthday before 29 June 2015, have demonstrated a responsible use of credit, Armed Forces
Qualification Test (AFQT) scores of 75 or higher with a minimum Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) score of 52.
5. Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis.
6. To apply for the AESOP program, the following must be scanned and emailed directly to the program manager, LT Corinne Plummer (corinne.m.plummer(at)uscga.edu) by 21 October 2014: command
endorsement from CO or OINC (CG memo format), unofficial high school transcript, unofficial transcript(s) of any college credits taken (if applicable), and AFQT scores.
7. Members applying for the AESOP program must also create a profile on CGAs website at:
8. Program selectees will be notified of their acceptance via email through this online account, so members should use an email account that they regularly monitor (can be personal or .mil address). If selected, the member will provide CGA with their home unit SPOs contact information, and CGA will provide a TONO to the SPO who will cut orders for the member.
9. For more information about the Academy, visit www.uscga.edu.
10. Questions can be directed to LT Corinne Plummer (at) corinne.m.plummer(at)uscga.edu or (860)701-6815 or the Academy Command Master Chief, MCPO George Lopez George.d.lopez(at)uscg.mil or
11. Mr. Curtis B. Odom, Director of Civilian Human Resources, Diversity, and Leadership, sends.
12. Internet release authorized.