The Hispanics Inspiring Students’ Performance and Achievement (HISPA) Role Model Program Virtual Kick-Off & Recruiting Event will take place on Thursday, October 7, 2021 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
The HISPA Role Model Program enables Hispanic professionals to step into classrooms as positive examples for our youth. During each visit, two HISPA Role Models share their cultural, educational, and professional experiences that allowed them to achieve their dreams—and show students that they can do the same. Visits are tailored to school and student need, ranging from small group discussions to large auditorium presentations, but all emphasize the importance of higher education and introduce potential future careers.
The event goals are:
- Showcase the host organization.
- Announce HISPA’s sponsors and partner schools for that academic year.
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and unite in commitment to our youth.
- Teach attendees about HISPA’s mission and achievements.
- Inspire Hispanic professionals with the impact they can have as role models.
- Recruit and engage these professionals to register as HISPA Role Models.
- Provide professional development for HISPA Role Models and volunteers.
Registration details will be added to this post when their made available, so please check back.