ANSO members have been offered the opportunity to earn the BlueDragon Hyper-Integrated Causal Analysis (HCA) Analyst Certification. This is a value of over $1k and ANSO members are being offered the training for FREE. Participants must be ANSO members in good standing for the duration of the course, and must commit to completing the training within the required time.
What is HCA
Hyper-Integrated Causal Analysis (HCA) is a state-of-the-art, lean, agile accurate, scalable and cost-effective root cause methodology for determining the deepest-seated causes of human centric problems in modern, socio-technical work environments. HCA was founded on the principles of critical thinking, systems thinking, and high reliability organizations. This advanced methodology is currently in use at the US National Laboratories, the nuclear weapons complex, and government contractors such as Westinghouse Nuclear, Fluor, Bechtel and AECOM.
BD1 Course Highlights
- This hybrid online training course is designed for personnel that need to solve basic problems or conduct quick investigations into human-centric issues.
- The course is a hybrid of 12 hrs. self-paced learning through our BlueDragon Learning Management System (LMS), and 4 hrs. of instructor-led training to practice the skills in a case study.
- Participants are introduced to the fundamentals of critical thinking, systems thinking and cause and effect analysis.
- Participants learn the construct of the HCA Framework and how to gather, organize and analyze information on the HCA chart.
- They will also learn to conduct HCA Rapid Investigations, which can be completed in 2 to 4 hours.
BD1 Terminal Objective
After completion of the BD1 HCA Analyst certification course, students will have developed an understanding of the fundamentals of critical thinking and complex problem solving, they will have developed an understanding of the BlueDragon Hyper-Integrated Causal Analysis (HCA®) methodology, and they will be able to complete a HCA Rapid Investigation.
Given a course of instruction, prospective HCA Analysts will be able to understand:
- EO-01: Laws and regulations that require root cause analysis.
- EO-02: Why Industries are Having so Many Recurring Problems Costing $Trillions Per Year.
- EO-03: Basic terms and definitions used in the problem-solving process.
- EO-04: The fundamentals of Critical Thinking.
- EO-05: The fundamentals of Cause & Effect Analysis.
- EO-06: The Fundamentals of the BlueDragon Hyper-Integrated Causal Analysis (HCA®) Methodology.
- EO-07: How the HCA Framework Provides a True Graded Approach to Causal Analysis.
- EO-08: How to set up HCA teams and getting started.
- EO-09: Phase 1: how to develop focused, evidence-based LOIs.
- EO-10: Phase 2: Using Cause & Effect and Socratic Follow-up Questions to Identify the Deepest-Seated Causes
LMS Live Sessions – Requirements
- Online workshops are conducted through our BlueDragon LMS, which requires access to the internet. There are no programs or software to download and we (ANSO) have been provided our own branded portal to access the LMS.
- BD1 includes one instructor-led case study. The case study will be conducted online using Zoom or WebEx. In addition, we will be using a virtual whiteboard that allows the team to collaborate simultaneously on the chart. These two platforms have made it possible to deliver virtual classes with the same or better results than live workshops.
- The use of virtual whiteboards has made it easier to conduct assessments, investigations and root cause analysis when we cannot conduct meetings in person.
- For the instructor-led case study, participants are required to have a webcam and microphone and be able to access Zoom/WebEx through the internet.
- Internet download speeds greater than 20 Mbps are highly recommended.
Who Should Attend
- Lean Six Sigma practitioners, Green Belts, Yellow Belts
- Accident/Event Investigators in all industries
- Industrial Safety Managers in all industries
- Construction Safety and Management
- Performance Improvement Department personnel
- Contractor Assurance personnel
- Corrective Action Program Managers
- Occurrence Reporting personnel
- Safeguards & Security personnel
- Quality & Oversight Dept. personnel
- Environmental Health & Safety personnel
- Facility/Operations Managers
- Management of all levels
- Engineers in all industries
- Scientists in all industries
- Operators in all industries
- Regulators from all industries
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Inspectors
- Institute of Nuclear Power Operators (INPO) Inspectors
- World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) Inspectors
- National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Inspectors
ANSO Member Instructions
- Complete the BD1 Registration Form
- An email will be sent with login instructions
- Password will need to be changed on first login
- Click on “My Courses” and start taking the BD1 course
- Register for the Live Sessions when prompted
- Complete the course in 4 weeks or less
- Receive your Certificate of Completion
ANSO BD1 HCA Registration Page