Make a Difference
No matter your background, whether you are military or civilian, officer or enlisted, you can help spread the word about ANSO to our Hispanic youth, educators and leaders. Share the good news about the tremendous career, educational and leadership opportunities available in our sea services. You don’t need to speak Spanish to participate! Join your local chapter or become a member-at-large to start making a difference in the life and career of others, as well as your own, now!
Benefits of ANSO Membership
- Membership in local Chapters affords members the opportunity to stay abreast of current developments in the Sea Services and various subjects of local or national interest from highly qualified speakers at Chapter meetings. It also offers the opportunity to become acquainted (on an informal basis) with other Sea Service officers, many of whom very likely have similar business and professional interests.
- Attendance and participation in annual General Conventions provide professional development and other career opportunities. The participation by the Service Chiefs and other senior Sea Services officers and enlisted leaders afford the ANSO member direct “face time” with the Sea Services leadership and those actively involved. Participation exposes the member’s talents for leadership and performance so essential to career enhancement and advancement.
- Mentoring by ANSO senior and retired officers and enlisted leaders, including National Board members, yield assistance and guidance on personal matters related to professional growth in the Sea Services.
- Opportunities to network with other members and a forum for community involvement abound. Networking provides development of social and communication skills, professional contacts and increases one’s knowledge of the Sea Services and career specialties.
- Opportunities to submit, from the Chapter to the National Board, resolutions on matters pertaining to national defense and the Sea Services.
- Civilian: $30 per YR
- Enlisted: $15 per YR
- Warrant Officer: $15 per YR
- Junior Officer, O-1 and O-2: $15 per YR
- Mid-grade Officer, O-3 and O-4: $30 per YR
- Senior Officer, O-5 and above: $50 per YR
- Officer Candidate (Service Academy Students, OCS, ROTC): Free renewable annually
- Lifetime: $400 one-time (may be paid in installments)