ANSO’s annual program consists of a number of two-day working-level symposia co-located with local chapters. The symposia are designed to provide members with career management support and one-on-one mentoring sessions with senior officers and senior enlisted members who volunteer their time in support of their shipmates.
Our annual east coast flagship event is being coordinated the Norfolk Chapter and will be held 13 and 14 April 2022 onboard Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia, at Vista Pointe Catering and Conference Center. The uniform will be Service Khakis or USMC and USCG equivalent. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, attendees must follow local base restrictions. A virtual option is available. The Zoom info has been sent to registered participants that selected the virtual option. If you registered and did not receive the link, please send an email to email@example.com, or log-in to our website and go to our Resources page.
The event is open to ANSO members and sponsored participants. Military services are sponsoring a limited number of spots which include a one year membership. Details on how to obtain a sponsorship can be found in the service specific messages attached below.
Everyone is invited to attend. If you are not a member and are not able to obtain one of the sponsored spots, you can join ANSO at the appropriate membership level and then register to attend. Please visit our Join ANSO page to become a member.
- Admiral Linda L. Fagan, USCG, Vice Commandant USCG
- Vice Admiral John B. Nowell Jr., USN, Chief of Naval Personnel
- RADM Samuel Cox, USN, Ret. Director, Naval History and Heritage Command
- RADM Yvette Davids, USN, Chief of Staff, US Southern Command
- RADM Sinclair Harris, USN Ret, President NNOA
- RADM Brendan McLane, USN, CNSL
- RADM Will Rodriguez, USN (RET)
- RDML Dennis Vélez, USN, Commander Carrier Strike Group 10
- BGen Ahmed Williamson, USMC Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division
- CAPT John Barresi, USCG
- CAPT Michelle Bas, USCG
- CAPT Jo-Ann Burdian, USCG, Commander CG Sector Miami
- Col Eddie Cabrera, USAF, Ret. President, Hispanic Veterans Leadership Alliance (HVLA)
- CAPT Jim Kirby, USN
- CAPT Roy Love, USN, Ret, President ANSO
- CAPT Javier Medina, Ph.D., USN, ANSO Norfolk Chapter President
- CAPT Milciades Anthony “Tony” Then, USN
- LtCol Armando Daviú, USMC
- LtCol Aixa Dones, USMC
- LCDR Katherine Martínez-Álvarez, USN
- MAJ Mariela Peña, SSLA USMC Rep.
- Captain Steven Arango, USMC
- LT Graciella Fuller, USCG
- CMDCM Johannes “JJ” González-Casino, USN
- CMDCM Jorge Soto, USN
- SgtMaj Jacqueline Townsel, USMC
- YNC Rita Martínez, USCG
- Mr. Robert Bard, CEO Latina Style Magazine
- Mr. Rob De La Espriella, BD3, President, DLE Technical Services, LLC
- Dr. Ivonne Díaz-Claisse, President Hispanics Inspiring Student Performance and Achievement (HISPA)
- Dr. John Cordle – Human Factors Director CNSL
- Mr. Suri Surinder, CEO, CTR Factor
- Dr. William Thiesen, Atlantic Area Historian for the USCG
- Mr. Raúl “Danny” Vargas, Founder, CEO/President, and Chairman of the American Latino Veterans Association (ALVA)