ANSO’s annual program consists of a number of two-day working-level symposia co-located with local chapters. The symposia are designed to provide members with career management support and one-on-one mentoring sessions with senior officers and senior enlisted members who volunteer their time in support of their shipmates.
Our annual Western Region Symposium (WRS) is being coordinated by the San Diego Chapter and the Seattle Chapter, and will be held 6 to 8 December 2022 onboard Naval Base Point Loma, San Diego, California, at Admiral Kidd Club. The uniform will be Service Khakis or USMC and USCG equivalent. Registration is $75 per person and $25 for the virtual option.
USMC will be sponsoring 75 Marines. For all details and to request sponsorship please email MPE_outreach@usmc.mil. Uniform of the day for this event is Service “B” for Marines, service equivalent for Sailors, and business casual for civilians. Full details are included in MARADMINS 578/22.
USN has requested that sailors wishing to attend seek support from their command. Although the WRS is not specifically mentioned, the USN message that applies to this event is NAVADMIN 085/22.
USCG will assist by funding registration fees for up to 30 members. Uniform is Tropical Blue and business casual for civilians. For full details see ALCOAST 424/22.
Important Note!! Participants are encouraged to bring their evals, fitness reports, etc, as there will be opportunities to get one on one career advice from senior leaders.
Registration is free to active ANSO members. Everyone is invited to attend. If you are not an active ANSO member or are not able to obtain funding from your service or command, you can join ANSO at the appropriate membership level and then register to attend. Please visit our Join ANSO page to become a member.
Patriot Level Sponsors
Duty Level Sponsors
Please select the appropriate registration category. Sponsored participants, guest speakers, and panelists will receive a registration code from their POCs to register. Without the appropriate registration code you will not be able to register. Please reach out the your respective POCs for registration code and all details. Service specific messages will be posted below as they become available.
Note: if you are an active ANSO member and forgot your username and/or password, send an email to email@example.com.
We have reserved 20 standard rooms at the room rate of $122.00 per night, at NGIS Annex Point Loma Harbor Drive, located at 32444 Echo Lane building 82, San Diego California 92147.
- Visit www.dodlodging.net
- Group Reference Number: #30460010589
- Group Name Use: ANSO – Conference
- Date Arrival: December 06, 2022
- Date Departure: December 09, 2022
The online reservation is already set up for members attending to make their own reservations by following the instructions listed above. Any issues with the online reservation, please contact the NGIS Front Desk Annex Point Loma directly at 619-365-9041 EXT 0. The facility is open 24 hours. When calling the Front Desk to make a reservation please mention a reference number #30460010589 to avoid delays.
- VADM Steven D. Poulin, Vice Commandant, USCG
- RADM Brian K. Penoyer, Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1), USCG
- RADM Carlos Sardiello, Commander, Carrier Strike Group ONE, USN
- RADM Dennis Velez, Commander, Carrier Strike Group TEN, USN
- RADM Fernandez “Frank” Ponds, USN (Ret)
- Brigadier General Jason L. Morris, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Western Recruiting Region, USMC
- Brigadier General Ricardo Aponte, USAF (Ret), Hispanic Veterans Leadership Alliance President
- Ms. Blanca A. Sanchez, SES, Director, Civilian Human Resources, Diversity & Leadership Directorate, USCG
- Colonel Ernest Govea, Assistant Chief of Staff G-4, 3d Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, USMC
- Colonel Jeffrey A. Marquez, USA (Ret)
- CAPT Juan Garcia, USN (Ret), Managing Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- CAPT Ted Carlson, Commanding Officer, Naval Base San Diego, USN
- CAPT Raymond Negrón, Commanding Officer Marine Safety Unit Portland, USCG
- LCDR Bianca Barcelo, JAGC, USNR
- 1stLt Rudolfo Trevizo, Future Operations Officer, 4th Marine Division, USMC
- Master Chief Charlie F. Salls, Deputy Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard (D-MCPOCG), USCG
- Sergeant Major Lynn D. Brown Sr., Marine Wing Communications Squadron 18, USMC
- Sergeant Major Rosalia Scifo, 3d Marine Aircraft Wing, USMC
- First Sergeant David P. Farmer, General Support Company First Sergeant, Combat Logistics Battalion-1, USMC
- Chief Marina Rabinek, USN (Ret), West Coast Regional Director, FourBlock
- Ms. Angelica Killion
- Ms. Jean Ibanez Payne, Founder & CEO, TI Verbatim Consulting
- Dr. Norvel “Rock” Dillard, USMC Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Senior Advisor, Manpower Plans & Policy Division of Manpower & Reserve Affairs, HQ Marine Corps
- Mr. Ray Flores, Executive Director, San Diego Veterans Coalition
- Ms. Veronica Lawrence, Senior Director of Human Enterprise Optimization, TI Verbatim Consulting
Service Specific Messages
US Marine Corps
US Coast Guard
US Merchant Marines
Message Release Pending